Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog Action Day : I am In - Eliminate Poverty

Last year, I posted a Blog on Blog Action Day with the initiatives taken to save Environment. This year, today is the Blog Action Day with 'Poverty Eradication' as it's theme and Kidsfreesouls participate to support the cause.

Sometimes, we feel, 'How do I help to eliminate poverty?' A post of John Larry Limbo on Blog Catalog said, 'Poverty is a root to War' with concerns : I am really wondering if this great crisis now of the world can result into a war. In which it can lead the earth to its total destruction.
A simple concerned question but imagine the impact! As the Discussion goes on here, I wonder, Is this a beginning of another Armageddon? Poverty is a Root of War or is the root of War, Poverty? Whatever, the debate goes on. You can ponder on this and send your views too or post in comments.

I was just reading the article of Gretchen Rubin, "How to make yourself Happiner during Economic Crisis", it really do give us an insight on how to face the crisis. Bolstering your own sense of calm and security will free you to think about other people. And, in these hard times, it is the need of the hour to keep a cool. As she says, "the problem with subprime mortgages and the financial crisis won't push them into true poverty, but it will make them feel much poorer." The result would be frustrations, anger and like John says, 'Poverty could be a root to war' and the root of war - war within soul search, war with values, war with humans - Is the Nostradamus predictions surfacing up?

Well, here's 30 simples ways to battle Poverty with Technology. You can find more such Participated blogs on Blog Action Day site.

There is something always in an Individual who can Contribute. Maybe, Money, time, friendship, social cause, donate blood - Sponser a Child! One can opt in for Cry or World Vision. With the programs by Cry, 497,343 children were impacted through their programmes in 5250 villages/ slums. We can educate children, care for the need or even buy simple Cards this Diwali - We are taking action to eliminate poverty.

Protect Kids from crime, Stop them to be criminals. Let Poverty not be a root of War and not let the Root of War, Poverty! Join Blog Action Day - I am In - Are you?

- ilaxi patel
Editor, www.kidsfreesouls.com
Newspaper for Kids

2 comments:

kouji said...

yup, i joined. :)

for my part, i turn to sites like freerice, kiva, and goodsearch, as ways to help alleviate poverty online.

saw this post via the front page of blog action day. it's great that you're participating. :)

John said...

Thank you for adding me as one of the circle of your friends. Nice to meet u, and I am glad to know and to see that I am part of your article... thanks a lot. add my blog http://johnlarrylimbo.blogsome.com, http://jlawrence.blogsome.com
http://larrylimbo.blogspot.com


tnx I am going also to add you on my list on my blog. I hope that this would be that start of our friendship.